AIP training course and Cleanaway visit
• Is your business doing enough to ensure that 100% of your packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025?
• Have you audited your current packaging for recyclability?
• Have you started using the Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) during your design process?
• Are you looking for a way to validate your on-pack recyclability labelling?
• If a consumer picked up your product, would they easily understand which bin to put it in?
• Are you shifting your packaging design to incorporate the Australasian Recycling Label (ARL)?
If you answered no to any of these questions, then this training course is for you.
So where do you start? This training course will help attendees to better understand what tools are available, how to use them, why they are needed and how they link to the 2025 National Packaging Targets.
Attendees will start the training course by visiting the Cleanaway Materials Recovery Facility to obtain a realistic view of the current recycling capabilities in Australia. Participants will have the opportunity to see the post sort room, Glass processing, the Optical sorter, Magnet, the Eddy Current and camera views of the tipping area, excavator, metering bins, infeed belts, pre-sort area and the screens.
Moving then into the classroom, you will learn about the APCO Recycling Label Program and consumer recycling behaviours. Attendees will then deep-dive in to the purpose of PREP, gain an understanding of the governance and data collection process behind PREP, review samples and material templates and work through sample assessment templates. Attendees will be able to undertake a hands-on interactive session using PREP to complete an evaluation, review a report and understand the reasons behind the assessment.