The judging panel for the 2024 Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence has been announced, following the careful selection of with 11 industry-leading professionals with expertise and experience in the packaging and processing sector.
The panel is comprised of 10 judges plus an additional 11th judge* who will provide an initial independent overview of all 2024 submissions prior to the formal judging commencing.
Each judge brings a wealth of expertise and experience to the Awards, which celebrates achievements, foster collaborations, and raise profiles across the Australian packaging and processing industry.
The judges for 2024 are:
- David Pryor, manufacturing director, Refresco Australia
- Helen Millicer, director and founder, One Planet Consulting
- Ian Hayes, head of packaging transformation, Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation
- Jacqueline Wilson-Smith, founder and CEO, Sustainable Innovation Co.
- Jochen Deuce, professor and director, UTS Centre for Advanced Manufacturing
- John Broadbent, Industry 4.0 specialist and speaker
- Justin Meehan, director, Meehan & Associates
- *Lindy Hughson, managing editor and publisher, Yaffa Media
- Nicholas Bennett, founder and member, Leadership Team, UTS Centre for Advanced Manufacturing
- Scott Atkinson, director, TWO33K Engineering
- Stuart Shaw, program manager – Advanced Manufacturing, Australian Meat Processor Corporation
The 2024 APPMA Awards submissions are now open. Submissions close 17 October 2023, with finalists announced 27 November 2023.
There are nine different categories to enter, with each category having different criteria and requiring a separate entry. The categories are:
- Australian Machinery Manufacturer (SME)
- Australian Machinery Manufacturer (Corporate)
- Import and Distribution Machinery (SME)
- Import and Distribution Machinery (Corporate)
- Customer System Integration
- Packaging Design Innovation
- Sustainability Excellence
- Digital Innovation
- Emerging Leader
To view the Entry Kit and to make a submission, click here.