Ahead of its 2023 Awards ceremony tonight, the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) has revealed the winners of the coveted Industry Sector Awards. Businesses including the Arnott’s Group, CHEP Australia, Belkin, KeepCup and Comsol were among the winners, with Ball & Doggett (Full Report Score winner) and O F Packaging (SME winner) taking top spots in the Packaging Manufacturer & Supplier category.
APCO’s Industry Sector Awards recognise the top APCO Members promoting sustainable packaging design and innovation across a broad range of industry sectors including electronics, retail, food and beverage and manufacturing.
The winners (full list below) were assessed based on APCO Members’ Annual Reporting scores and their performance against the Packaging Sustainability Framework criteria.
APCO CEO Chris Foley said, “It has been invigorating to see such different approaches to developing and implementing sustainable packaging initiatives. What these achievements demonstrate is the strength of the Australian industry’s leadership on the issue of sustainable packaging and how collaboration across the system can reap environmental, economic and community benefits.
“Each winner’s commitment to sustainable packaging is an inspiration to other small and large businesses across the country. The small business winners in particular deserve a special mention, not only for putting themselves on the packaging transformation map, but bringing us as an industry a few steps closer to developing a circular economy for packaging.”
The winners of the remaining awards, including the Sustainability Champion Award, the Sustainable Packaging Guidelines (SPGs) Implementation Award and the Best of Reporting Award will be announced tonight during the APCO Awards ceremony.
2023 Industry Sector Awards
Full report score winners
• Agriculture and Nurseries – Rivalea
• Chemicals, Hardware, and Machinery – Clorox Australia
• Electronics – Belkin
• Food and Beverage – Arnott's Group
• General Merchandise and Apparel – HBI Holdings Australia
• Healthcare and Scientific – Coty Australia
• Logistics and Warehousing – CHEP Australia
• Packaging Manufacturer and Supplier – Ball & Doggett
• Agriculture and Nurseries – Quintis Sandalwood
• Chemicals, Hardware, and Machinery – Insulect Australia
• Electronics – Comsol
• Food and Beverage – Berton Vineyards
• General Merchandise and Apparel – KeepCup
• Healthcare and Scientific – Advanced Skin Technology
• Packaging Manufacturer and Supplier – O F Packaging
ABOUT APCO AWARDS
The annual APCO Awards ceremony recognises and celebrates organisations that are leading the way in sustainable packaging design and innovation. The APCO Awards celebrates industry’s commitment to delivering the 2025 National Packaging Targets and building a national circular economy approach to packaging.