A new webinar will highlight how the food industry is tackling food waste, explore current practices, and introduce opportunities for improvement by using digital technologies to benchmark food loss and waste leading to better financial and environmental outcomes.
The webinar and Q&A session, set for 23 November, will see the launching of the food waste measurement software DIRECT.
“Over the past few years, there has been a concerted effort to engage those in the food supply chain to reduce food loss and waste,” according to Empauer, provider of sustainability tools and consulting services, and host of the webinar.
“Through initiatives such as the National Food Waste Strategy and the establishment of the Fight Food Waste CRC, and more recently, Stop Food Waste Australia, the focus has been to explore approaches that not only reduce food waste, but can lead to greater financial returns and growth.”
- Rob Gell, president of the Royal Society of Victoria, will host and present the event
- Steven Lapidge, CEO of the Fight Food Waste CRC
- Nerida Kelton, executive director of the Australian Institute of Packaging and vice-president of the World Packaging Organisation
- Mark Barthel, COO for Stop Food Waste Australia
- Marcus Godinho, CEO of not-for-profit community organisation Fareshare
- Sam Oakden, voluntary agreement manager for Stop Food Waste Australia
- Simon Lockey, senior lecturer at RMIT University’s School of Design and the project leader for the Reduce Program within the Fight Food Waste CRC
For more information or to register for the event, click here.