Bookings are now open for the new Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) Packaging in the Beverage Industry virtual training course, which will be held on 30 June 2021.
The AIP trainer leading the course will be Dr Martin Orzinski, director of Orzinski Consulting, with guest lecturers being Anthony Druitt from Coca-Cola Amatil and Michael Furlong from Universal Closures.
The new training course promises to provide the winning recipe in developing beverage packaging to lead in the marketplace. It will be structured to create the decision-making aspects from a commercialisation process.
The course will focus on the requirements of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging, and these sections will include prototype testing regime, sustainable packaging guiding principles, QA testing details, shelf-life requirements, and continuous improvement thoughts.
“The role of beverage packaging during this course is approached through an end-to-end review along the supply value chain,” says Nerida Kelton, AIP executive director.
“Therefore, understanding manufacturing capabilities, a specific focus at the POS, packaging as the driving force in sustainability, and the development of a long-term beverage packaging strategy roadmap, are the essential contents which will be addressed.
“External experts, graphics, literature sources and videos will be used for various chapters.”
Course objectives include:
- Getting captivated by defining beverage packaging specifications, including filling technology, packing equipment and automated warehouse storage;
- Learning the basic requirements on primary, secondary and tertiary beverage packaging;
- Understanding the unique landscape of the beverage industry;
- Adopting an end-to-end approach in value stream mapping from raw material suppliers to customer and consumer;
- Seeing how cost out and managing profits and losses converts into getting a green thumb and driving sustainability goals; and
- Becoming confident in setting a long-term packaging strategy roadmap without losing focus on short-term wins.
Book your place now by clicking here.