Bookings are now open for the seventh Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) virtual training course Tools to help you meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets: PREP & ARL, which will be held on 17 November 2020.
All participants will attain 12.5 Certified Professional Development points towards the Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) Designation.
The course trainer will be Ralph Moyle FAIP CPP, Education Coordinator, Australian Institute of Packaging + Guest Experts in PREP, Sustainable Design and ARL.
- Is your business doing enough to ensure that 100% of your packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025?
- Have you audited your current packaging for recyclability?
- Have you started using the Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) during your design process?
- Are you looking for a way to validate your on-pack recyclability labelling?
- If a consumer picked up your product, would they easily understand which bin to put it in?
- Are you shifting your packaging design to incorporate the Australasian Recycling Label (ARL)?
If you answered no to any of these questions, then this training course is for you.
So where do you start? This training course will help attendees to better understand what tools are available, how to use them, why they are needed and how they link to the 2025 National Packaging Targets.
The Australasian Packaging Recycling Label Program is a nation-wide labelling program that provides designers and brand owners with the tools to inform responsible packaging design and helps consumers to understand how to correctly dispose of packaging. Led by the Australian Packaging Covenant (APCO), in collaboration with Planet Ark and PREP Design, the program aims to increase recycling rates, educate consumers and contribute to cleaner recycling streams. The two elements of the program are the Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) and the Australasian Recycling Label (ARL).
This course will help attendees to understand how to more accurately use PREP and the ARL including:
- How to complete a PREP evaluation
- How to convert PREP outcomes to an ARL artwork
- How to apply the ARL on-pack correctly
Attendees will learn about the APCO Recycling Label Program and consumer recycling behaviours. Attendees will then deep-dive in to the purpose of PREP, gain an understanding of the governance and data collection process behind PREP, review samples and material templates and work through sample assessment templates. Attendees will be able to undertake a hands-on interactive session using PREP to complete an evaluation, review a report and understand the reasons behind the assessment.
This training course will enable participants to gain a better understanding of how using PREP and applying the ARL can help your business to meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets. The course will also enable participants to have a better and more realistic view of what packaging is truly recyclable and being recycled in Australia. Understanding these tools will enable agencies and marketers to provide verifiable and consistent recyclability information to their consumers.
Who should attend?
Packaging technologists and designers; brand managers; sustainability teams; marketing teams; graphic designers; and agencies that specialise in packaging and brands.