• foodpro 2021, scheduled to take place in July in Sydney, has been postponed to October 10-13.
    foodpro 2021, scheduled to take place in July in Sydney, has been postponed to October 10-13.
Close×

As four LGAs in Sydney moved into lockdown last week, and the wider metropolitan area remains under tightened Covid-19 restrictions, the organiser of foodpro announced the inevitable: the show slated for July in Sydney has been postponed to October.

Diversified Exhibitions announced to exhibitors and visitors today that due to the rapidly unfolding situation in New South Wales, and Sydney in particular, in regards to COVID-19, the ongoing uncertainty has prompted the difficult decision to postpone foodpro to the new dates 10-13 October 2021 at Sydney Showground.

"With foodpro due to take place in just four weeks, the health and safety of our community and limiting the threat of exposure was our greatest consideration. While it is not a decision we have made lightly, it is a timely one as our exhibitors start to meet crucial timelines in their event planning," foodpro event manager Melissa Clendinen said.

NSW has been spared the extensive lockdowns imposed on Victorians, who have spent 161 days in lockdown, compared with 35 in NSW, despite NSW welcoming four times as many overseas arrivals. However, the latest Delta variant is highly infectious and evidently now in the Sydney community.

This is not the first time foodpro has been postponed. Its 2020 show was moved into July this year and from Melbourne to Sydney. Usually held every three years, the event positions itself as the food and beverage manufacturing sector’s main forum to come together to collaborate, launch new products, showcase the latest technology, and attend specialist seminars

The Diversified team said that while it is acutely aware of the importance of the event to the industry, it believes that postponement is "the most appropriate action to set the event up for success and deliver return on investment for our exhibitors and sponsors".

Addressing exhibitors, the company said, "We want to provide you with as much flexibility as possible so that you have the confidence to continue to do business, when the time is right for you."

The organiser is offering customers the option to either transfer their stand booking to the foodpro event later in the year, or move their booking to foodpro 2023. A third option is "bespoke solutions tailored to [customers'] needs".

Diversified said it will remain focused on working with exhibitors through these challenges and asked for understanding as it navigates these extraordinary times.

All exhibitors will be contacted directly by the organiser. 

 

Food & Drink Business

The supply chain arm of Woolworths Group, Primary Connect, is making moves to reduce fuel reliance, with electric prime movers supplied by Toll Group being deployed at the company’s Moorebank distribution centre, which was completed in November 2024.

Private equity firm, Allegro Funds, has acquired a majority stake in BE Campbell, a third generation, family-owned meat processing company, with the Campbell family retaining a “significant” share in the business.

The day after Coles Group presented its positive FY25 results from profits to staff morale and customer satisfaction, it was Woolworths' turn with investors, but with a far less positive tale.