About us and the role
Ego Pharmaceuticals is a rapidly expanding, large international manufacturing company manufacturing a large range of premium, quality products. Our key brands have a strong presence both locally and in international markets and we export our products to 22 countries across the world.
Substantial growth has occurred and it is envisaged to continue into the future. As such, a new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Packaging Technologist to join our Quality Control Team. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the existing Packaging Technologists and Quality Control Sampling Team and manage specifications for all of our packaging and their performance in production.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Working with the Packaging Technologists you will be responsible for:
- Working with suppliers on their abilities and limitations in both manufacturing and printing
- Creation of specifications for new packaging items and ongoing review of existing specifications to ensure compliance from manufacturers
- Maintain supplier and manufacturer’s documentation
- Providing technical support to both the Packing Hall and Sampling teams when packaging issues arise
- Ensuring packaging meets regulatory compliance
- Working on multiple packaging projects concurrently, meet deadlines and deal effectively with people from various functions and levels via cross functional teams.
Skills and experience
- Qualifications for this role require the applicant to have a minimum Bachelor of Science, Technology/Materials or Process Engineering
Professional Skills as demonstrated by success/work experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the requirements for good documentation practices needed for a therapeutic production environment
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Tolerant – job requires communication across various departments
- Ability to analyse own work and follow through investigations
- Positive approach to situations
- Thorough and diligent, without getting "bogged down" in details
- Decisiveness – ability to review data and make decisions, without rashness
- Initiative – proactive, can identify work gaps and will act
- Integrity – honest and trustworthy are key in a GMP/GLP environment
- Analytical – ability to understand situations and solve problems logically
- Self-control in stressful situations
- Ability to maintain friendly contacts with people who will be useful for work related goals
- Physical ability to lift boxes
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
Applicants meeting the above requirements can submit to email@example.com with a covering letter and updated resume by May 10, 2019.