Currie Group is the largest independently owned supplier to the printing and graphic arts market in Australia and New Zealand. The new role of Business Development Manager - Labels & Packaging Division – New Zealand is a key position in our fast-growing Labels & Packaging Division.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become a valued member of our expanding team and take responsibility for all related label and packaging product lines (both digital and non-digital) covering all areas of New Zealand, whilst maintaining key account management focus and support of all accounts in your defined territory.
The role will see you;
- Sell and promote a wide range of conventional and digital printing and converting technologies to the narrow web label, wide web flexible packaging and folding carton markets.
- Work closely with the Labels & Packaging Management team along with Australian State Managers, Product Managers, Segment leads and New Zealand sales and management teams to assist them as required.
- Develop long-term sales pipeline to increase market share in specialized areas.
- Serve as the expert in extremely complex deals regarding products, services and configurations.
- Establish and maintain account plans to promote sales growth.
- Actively participate in sales events, sales meetings, international exhibitions and conferences.
- Continually maintain and update pipeline and sales funnel data.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client by developing a core understanding of their unique business needs within their specific industry.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of key competitors and understand how to leverage this knowledge within your accounts.
- Use expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with the right solution.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of client's business, organisational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative in successfully driving sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Work within your customers to help them build effective strategies and drive incremental revenue growth within them.
- Customer satisfaction for Currie Group and our Suppliers is considered a key measurement in the performance of our Customer account management and as such, this responsibility is key to the performance of your role.
Desired skills and experience
At least four years of selling experience of high value printing solutions, or alternatively vast experience in a sales management role in the graphic arts or label and packaging markets (Labels & Packaging an advantage).
Directly related previous work experience should include;
- Multiple, diverse set of selling skills.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Project management skills.
- Proven record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience in selling capital equipment and managing long sales cycles.
- Ability to adjust to a fast-growing organisation.
- Self-starter and team working spirit
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to Matt Tangey at email@example.com
About Currie Group
Currie Group is an Australian owned company with over six decades of experience in all facets of the printing process - everything from file preparation to finishing. We have the people, the support, the equipment and the consumables to provide a fully "Integrated Print Solution".
Currie Group offer high quality reliable graphic arts products. By working exclusively with world class suppliers such as HP Indigo, OMET and AB Graphic International and also housing a product portfolio of well-known brands across the globe, Currie Group can provide an end to end printing solution of the highest standard.